Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Left foot... Right foot... Kick 'em in the Dink!

A friend told me once that work annoyed him so much that he was going to go home and masturbate into a pile of his own pubes and then sculpt it into an exact replica of Michaelangelo's "David" except with a bigger penis. I laughed so hard I cried, because I'm pretty sure he was just joking. Anyway, I actually get to see the real "David" when I go to Florence next month. Of course, anyone who's interested in art and architecture cannot miss seeing Florence so I'll have approximately 3 days of actual sightseeing. Then having been to Italy I will have seen a pretty good selection of European countries. There is so much more to see but for now I'm going to have to put on hold my dreams of a month long car trip around France and A good week or so in Turkey. I'm also a bit sad that I still haven't seen Greece, but them's the breaks.
Italy, I'm sure it's going to be good but I'm not the biggest fan. K has been to Milan and besides the center of the city (the old part, I'm told) the place is a real toilet. I'm not trying to judge here people, I'm keeping an open mind. That's just what I've heard.
Speaking of living in Europe, I think I'm really going to miss the trams here the most. Bicycles are probably the number one mode of transportation in Dutch cities, but I'm fond of the trams. I can't say enough about public transportation in Europe. Well, I guess three sentances is good. Seriously. The trains here.... awesome. I love jumping on the train and reading the newspaper while munching on a croissant and then washing the whole thing down with a nice cappucino. 45 minutes later I'm in Amsterdam. The city, not the country.... but that's another story.

No comments: